Thursday, December 28, 2017

Your children

Thursday, December 28, 2017 (6:17 a.m.)
Incredibly Awesome God,

Thank You for all the ways You work in us. Thank You for the freedom. Thank You for the choices. Thank You for the love. Yes. Especially, thank You for Your love.

Mmm. Thank You Father that I get to sit here considering what it is to be loved by You. Thank You for e-articles I am able to read that point me in the direction of considering myself Your daughter. One of Your much loved children.

Truly, my mind does not comprehend it at all. Thank You that a beginning is to see You as Father. A much loved and loving Father whose true desire is to have His children want to spend time with Him.

Hmmm… now there’s a concept! We spent time together with our children just the other day. There were moments of genuine sharing. Deep, unguarded conversations that felt real. Authentic. True.

Thank You Father for the idea that this is what You want from Your children. Our desire to be alone with You. At one with You.

Yes Father. Thank You.

Thank You for the new things there are to learn about loving and celebrating You. Thank You for the eagerness with which to approach the upcoming new year.

Father, how I ask You to continue Your holy, blessed work in each of us. Having just come across a prayer I had begun to You on our most recent cruise, I well remember sitting on the back deck by the Terrace Pool.

I confessed to You the unforgiving heart I was dealing with. I asked You to “forgive me that I would in turn forgive”. And then I asked You, “Or is it the other way around? That I must forgive to be forgiven.”

Thank You Holy God. Thank You that we do not have to come to You with answers. Just honest, open and willing hearts.

That’s where I am today. Here with You. Not even with any questions. Just my heart that is honestly open and willing to receive the blessings You so freely want to give to Your children. Thank You that I get to be considered as one.

Use me this day Blessed God. To Your good and to Your glory. I love You. And I long to spend time getting to know more of Who and ALL You are. Thank You most Holy God for calling me to be Your child. Amen.

(415 words ~ 7:43 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment