Tuesday, December 12, 2017

the message of hope

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 (4:37 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! I feel as though I have a jump start on the day. There’s much to do and a limited time frame in which to do it. Thank You for the blessed privilege of beginning this day here with You.

♪This Is Amazing Grace♪ keeps singing within me. It started when I read the words “king of glory” somewhere. Next thing I knew my heart and soul were keeping beat while my mind searched for the words.

♪Who breaks the power of sin and darkness Whose love is mighty and so much stronger The King of Glory, the King above all kings…♪

Mm, yes! We, as Your people are preparing to once again cerebrate the birth of this King. Thank You for the opportunity of sitting and reading in Matthew of Your message of hope to each of us.

I keep smiling as I come across words like: mistakes, imperfect people, prostitute, adulterous affair. I am grateful to again be reminded that our hope for change comes from obedience to Your Word.

Thank You that Mary and Joseph were willing to believe, trust and obey the messages of hope they were given by Your heavenly messengers. Thank You that we have such ready access to the history of this blessed story.

Father, how I ask that we would glorify You this day. Through our choices. By our words. In our actions. We love You. We long to serve You. And we are grateful for the call of sharing Your message of hope with others. Empower and embolden us to this end. Thank You Father. We love You. Amen.
(279 words ~6:28 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment