Tuesday, December 12, 2017

worthy

Monday, December 11, 2017 (6:11 a.m.)
Blessed Holy God,

Thank You. Praise You. Bless You. Keep You. Mm, Father ~ thank You for the privilege of waking up singing to You once again.

♪Worthy is the Lamb who was slain. Worthy is the King who conquered the grave♪ Thank You Father for the many times Your Word lends itself to the musical talents of Your believers.

Thank You for the occasions I start singing a song and know it as Scripture. And vice versa. Like just now. Reading Psalm 111, I recognize it as some elusive tune. Thank You Father for the ways in which You get my attention.

Singing of You being worthy [This Is Amazing Grace by Phil Wickham]. Reading in Your Word [Psalm 111; Hebrews 12:14]. And contemplating Your deserving our attention and respect. How I ask You to keep me close to You this day.

A Serenity Prayer Devotion for Psalm 111 in The Life Recovery Bible ends with this powerful paragraph. “Turning our life over to God is a wise move! Like most aspects of recovery, walking in wisdom is a process we grow into. These three elements are the groundwork: reverence for God, listening to His instructions, and following them.”

My head is swimming right now in contemplating a hard conversation You may be leading me toward having. Empower and embolden me as You know is best Blessed God.

Hebrews 12:14-15, “Try to live in peace with everyone, and seek to live a clean and holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord. Look after each other so that none of you will miss out on the special favor of God. Watch out that no bitter root of unbelief rises up among you, for whenever it springs up, many are corrupted by its poison.”

Oh Your Truth Father. Your blessed, holy Truth. Thank You for Who and ALL You are.

A footnote describes difficult circumstances. Painful recovery issues. Anger. Bitterness. Feelings that are understandable. And the forgiveness needed “to release the injustices and hurts to God in order to experience His overwhelming forgiveness (see Matthew 18:21-35).”

It ends with yet another absolute. “When we hang on to our bitterness, we not only hinder our own healing but also hurt others along the way.” Yes, Father. Yes!

Proverbs 11:17, “Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.” Help my thoughts, my words and my actions be kind Dear Lord. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(432 words ~ 8:13 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment