Wednesday, December 6, 2017

alternatives of conflict

First Sunday of Advent, December 3, 2017 (7:08 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You. You love me even when I behave badly. Sullen. Cross. Stubborn. Thank You God.

Thank You that You know my heart. You know the struggle it holds. You know my desire to do better. Be kind. Loving. Patient. Understanding.

And You know my resistance! Thank You that You are so much bigger than all my faults and failings combined.

Thank You for the ways You speak to me. Through thoughts, verses, songs. Thank You that I get to confess to You the grudge I continue holding.

I keep trying to let it go. My heart starts to soften. My resolve strengthens. And the next thing I know, I’m picking it up again. Rehashing. Reliving.

Please do in, by, through, with and for me all that I am unable to myself. I want to forgive. Truly I do. And then? I don’t follow through.

The inner conflict is strong. Ah,… but look at the alternatives of conflict. Agreement. Peace. Harmony. Do it for me Blessed God. All that I cannot [or will not?] do for myself. Love. Forgive.

Your Word tells us clearly. Repeatedly. Love. Forgive. Rinse. Repeat.

Change me Father. I love You.

The Life Recovery Bible. Struggling with Sin. Romans 7:14-25.

Please. I love You. Amen.
(224 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment