Sunday, December 10, 2017

all my best intentions

Sunday, December 10, 2017 (6:59 a.m.)
Holy God,

The days are flying by. And with them, all my best intentions. Thank You Father that even this You will discuss with me.

Through the apostle Paul’s words to the church at Corinth I get to revisit A Call to Generous Giving (2 Corinthians 8:1-15). Thank You Father. Praise You. Bless You. Teach me please to order all my best intentions according to Your will. And Your Way.

I love You Father. Today is the second Sunday of Advent and I have yet to switch gears out of health concerns to holiday cerebrating. Your guidance is so very necessary. And appreciated. In advance.

Holiest God, how I thank You for knowing me so much better than I could ever know myself. The Life Recovery Bible has a comment for this section of Scripture that speaks to our starting something and then running out of gas.

No matter how good our intentions, we have to follow through on them as well.
(9:40 a.m.)
Blessed Jesus,

Thank You for this time together this morning. Time to worship. Time of being taught. Time to learn. I ask You to guide me in applying Your Truth to this day.

Illustrated Bible Handbook (2 Corinthians; chapters 8 and 9) presents the opportunity of Giving as sharing. Not under compulsion, force, pressure or shame. How I ask to learn this fine art of cheerfully loving others and meeting their needs.

Giving Encouraged; 8:1-7. Giving Explained; 8:8-9:5. Benefits of Giving; 9:6-15. So much to learn. Enable and empower me to Your good end. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(277 words ~ 9:51 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment