Friday, December 29, 2017

"Your unfailing love"

Friday, December 29, 2017 (6:24 a.m.)
Holy God,

There was a smile. Where I thought for sure I would see daylight, there was still darkness.

What an interesting turn of events. The sunrise on a webcam seems so much more spectacular than that out of our window.

A hint of color. The glint on a lake. And utter darkness just across the street.

That seems appropriate to me right now. Hopeful one moment. Dark the next.

Come sit with me won’t You? It all seems so fleeting. Here one moment. Gone the next.

Mm, Father. You last. You don’t dissipate. You stay the same. Thank You that You do.
(8:29 a.m.)

Hours later I am still trying to get started praising and worshiping You. My thoughts keep getting in the way. I read [Psalms; New Testament verses]. I start to sing [♪I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever♪] And then I stop. Abruptly.

Again, Dearest God, I invite You into my heart. Into my mind. My soul. My strength. Make our time together all about You.

I feel half-hearted. Compelled. Where is the gratitude? Delight? Forgive me Lord. Let me start over.

♪I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever I will sing, I will sing. I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever, I will sing of the mercies of the Lord.♪ 

Hmm. Interesting. I’m sitting straighter. Feeling more powerful.

Turning again to Psalm 89, this time I read on to verse two. “Your unfailing love will last forever. Your faithfulness is as enduring as the heavens.”

YES! There it is. Hope. In You. Trust. The privilege of being completely honest with You. Thank You Father. Praise You.

I get to come to You. Leery. Wary. Cautiously. Distrustful. And You work with me. Allowing me to sit. And stay. Until I am able to confess the fear that is in my heart. Fear of the unknown. Of not being ready. Of not getting things done.

Thank You Father. Thank You for loving us regardless of the gunk that gets in the way of our thanks and praise.

You are good. You are holy. And here again I get to join with the spiritual beings in heaven who enthusiastically praise and worship You. Revelation 4:11, “You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power. For You created everything, and it is for Your pleasure that they exist and were created.”

Yes! For YOUR pleasure. Not mine. You created us “anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things [You] planned for us long ago” (Ephesians 2:10). You know what You have planned for me. I am here asking for the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10).

Do all You wish with me Blessed Father. Empower and embolden me to gratitude. Order. And action. I love You. And I long to serve You as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(505 words ~ 9:21 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment