Saturday, December 16, 2017

Book of Life

Saturday, December 16, 2017 (5:24 a.m.)

Forgive me Father, I’m not in the mood.

How awful is that? I have the privilege of being here with You and I choose “not in the mood”. 

Deal with me I pray. Change my attitude. My thoughts. Hurts. Desires. Line me up to do as You wish.
(6:58 a.m.)

The words crabby, cranky and snarky come to mind. Feeble attempts of reading Your Word yield more irritation on my part. Forgive me I pray.

Deep breath. Close eyes. Breathe in again. Exhale forcefully. “ARGH!” Grumble. Evidently there is a LOT of emotion going on inside.

Thank You Father. Yes! (7:15 a.m.) And there it is. Finally, a smile. A release in my shoulders. Sitting up just a little bit straighter. Genuinely grateful for Your love. 

Another, deeper breath. And more release. Tears. Freedom. Joy. Hope. Truth. Thank You Father.

Reading a footnote in Revelation (20:11-15) of The Final Judgment, I feel free. Free to accept my feelings. And Your Truth.

“Most of us expect our judgment to be based upon whether or not we are guilty. At this judgment, though, everyone is guilty. The people who have believed in Christ will be forgiven. Those who have chosen to go their own way are headed to a place of eternal judgment. No matter who we are or how terrible our past, we can have our name in the Book of Life. We cannot earn a place in that book; we can only receive it as a gift. By admitting our failures, entrusting our life to God in Jesus Christ, and building a new life according to God’s will, we become a member of God’s family.”

‘Receive it as a gift’. Thank You Father, that even at a time of my own ungratefulness, Your Word still speaks Truth to me. I am “so loved” (John 3:16) by You. Regardless of my own self-imposed harsh judgments.

Thank You for letting me be exactly who I am when I come before You; and whittling away at that which does not please You. Continue Your work in me I pray. I love You.

And look… now I am even singing! Praise You Father. ♪Give thanks with a grateful heart Give thanks to the Holy One Give thanks because He’s given Jesus Christ, His Son♪ Mm, yes! Grateful is SO much better than cranky. And snarky.

Thank You Father. I love You. Use me to Your good and to Your glory this day. Thank You. Amen.
(426 words ~ 8:18 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment