Monday, September 18, 2017

weather

Monday, September 18, 2017 (6:43 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You! Truly, Father. Thank You for the work You have done in my heart regarding the weather. It seems like such a frivolous approach to take with You. Yet I am earnest in my thankfulness.

Just weeks ago I was bemoaning the stormy skies and the changes the weather made to my plans. Today I am here thanking You for that very same weather. In hindsight I have come to  see it all as a very good thing for me.

Silly as it seems to me to be going on again with You regarding the weather, I find much said about it in Your Word. Looking at many of my past prayers to You, I’m surprised with how often I’ve brought it up. Especially in this past month.

Reading Psalm 135 in The Message, how I thank You for the praises the psalmist had for You. Illustrated Bible Handbook describes this psalm as one that shows “the greatness of God, and His superiority to all idols [as] shown by His mighty acts in history.”

The Life Recovery Bible’s comment for verses 1-13 states, “Knowing that God has chosen us as His own should give us the confidence to call on Him when we are in trouble. All through the Old Testament we see evidence of God working to save people.”

How I do love seeing evidence of Your work, Father!

Continuing, “Because God is all-powerful and ‘does whatever pleases Him’ throughout the earth, He can help us when we call on Him. In His greatness, no problem is too great for Him to solve.”

Oh most Blessed God, how truly grateful we are that You are so merciful. Powerful. All knowing.

The Message (Psalm 135:5-7), “I, too, give witness to the greatness of GOD, our Lord, high above other gods. He does just as He pleases - however, wherever, whenever. He makes the weather - clouds and thunder, lightning and rain, wind pouring out of the north.”

Yes, most Holy God. Keep me aware of Your greatness. Remind me often that I truly am grateful for all You are and all You do.

Thank You again for changes in the weather that help me transition to what comes next. You know Your plan for us. Align us to it I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(400 words ~ 7:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment