Monday, September 11, 2017

healthy and balanced ~ 9/4/17

Labor Day Monday, September 4, 2017 (6:18 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You Father. I came across the words “healthy and balanced” yesterday. Mm, yes. Healthy and balanced.

Even the idea of these two words together causes me to smile. Healthy. Balanced. It’s what I sought with our pool water. Moreover, I realized again it is how I long to live my days. Healthy and balanced.

Once more reading the comment from yesterday (Exodus 24:9-11) I confess to struggling right now.
(8:14 a.m.)

Father, I don’t want to continue blowing smoke at You. Trying to think the right thoughts. Say the right things. Feel the right feelings. No. Instead I long to be honest with You right now. Open. Willing. Yes. Please.

I keep wavering between hope and despair. Truly I want to lean into You. The hope that comes from trusting and believing You. Your Word. Your promises.

I start to get excited. There’s a hint of a smile. And then crash! Fearful, negative thoughts start to creep in. So…

Deep breath. Your Word. And these thoughts [The Life Recovery Bible comment for Exodus 24:9-11]. “One glimpse of God in His glory will heal both our pride and our self-deprecation, giving us a healthy and balanced self-assessment.”

A deeper breath. And even bigger smile. Turning to the very last page and comment of my go-to Bible. Revelation 22:20-21 begins, “It is unhealthy to harbor unrealistic dreams about a future that will never come about. But it is very healthy for us to anchor our new life and recovery in the certainty of Christ’s return.”

Oh yes Father. “By trusting Christ with our future, we can better deal with our past and live a more productive present.” This is where healthy balance lies. In You. Your Truth. Your promises.

Let me live this day as though I truly do believe and trust You. I love You. I want to honor and glorify You. Work in, with, by, through and for me to that end Blessed God. To Your good and glorious end!

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(360 words ~ 8:34 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment