Monday, September 11, 2017

a right spirit

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 (7:28 a.m.)

Fussy. Cranky. Out of sorts. These are very accurate descriptions of myself recently. And I honestly don’t know how to change it Father.

Thank You that You do! Thank You that we get to bring every single aspect of our being to You. ♪Change My Heart, O God♪ started singing within me. Thank You for the accompanying Bible verse.

Psalm 51:10. David’s psalm of repentance. “Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me (World English Bible).

Mm, yes Father! So many different ways of asking You to renew my spirit! Such a variety of word pictures come to mind.

The Voice, “…restore within me a sense of being brand new.”

Tree of Life Version, “Let me hear joy and gladness, so the bones You crushed may rejoice.”

Skipping down to verse 17, I confess to being a fair weather rejoicer. When all is as I would have it, the “Hallelujah”s and “Thank You, Jesus”s come readily and easily. Let the storm clouds roll in and watch me grumble.

“The sacrifice You want is a broken spirit. A broken and repentant heart, O God, you will not despise” (v. 17). How embarrassed I am to admit to having my spirit broken by drastic changes in the weather.

Rather than continuing to chide and chastise myself unmercifully, it is indeed to You I keep looking. Asking Your forgiveness. Seeking Your guidance. Knocking on Your door of goodness and grace. Mm, yes Father. It is You I long to glorify and enjoy.

The Message presents Your Truth in such descriptive words. I read David’s Psalm (51) to You and am uplifted “Soak me in Your laundry and I’ll come out clean, scrub me and I’ll have a snow-white life

No comments:

Post a Comment