Friday, September 1, 2017

healthy guilt

Friday, September 1, 2017 (7:32 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You for so very many things. Electricity. Some sleep. Some more sleep. Rest. Air conditioning. Creature comforts.

And right here in the middle of thanking You for the things that help ease our existence I’m feeling an overwhelming sense of guilt. Other people are hurting. And still other people are helping. While I am not.

Talk with me this morning about guilt. I confess to not knowing what is true guilt and what is false. Mm, yes Father. Talk to me.

Reading an e-article concerning healthy guilt versus hurtful guilt, I feel a smile coming on. There’s a sense of power coursing through me. A legitimate, “Aha!” as I once again read of satan as being the accuser (Revelation 12:10).

Thank You Father. Yes! I admit to feeling much like a ping pong ball right now. Excitement over the Truth and promises of Your Word one moment. Followed almost immediately by the intense self persecution of a “Yeah, but what about…?” mindset.

Healthy [true] guilt smack up against harmful [false] guilt. The Holy Spirit and Your grace versus the father of lies (John 8:44) and condemnation. Mm, and here it is! “There is therefore, now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1).

Yes. Yes. Yes Father, please. Equip me to live this day in the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10).

I love You so very much. Let it be obvious in my thoughts, words and deeds. Be glorified, Blessed God. Yes. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(269 words ~ 9:40 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment