Monday, September 11, 2017

antonyms and acrostics

Saturday, September 2, 2017 (12:09 p.m.)
Escondido, CA
Holy God,

ARGH! How quickly things change. One minute peace, the next? Calamity!

A misplaced item tips just enough to break a bottle. The next thing I know I feel juvenile all over again. 

Tears in my eyes right now affirm how deeply seated these feelings of failure and clumsiness run. Throughout childhood. All the way to present day.

How I thank You Father for antonyms. And acrostics. “ARGH!” Reminds me to “Always Revere God’s Holiness!” Even [or is that especially?] when I am feeling humbled. Humiliated. Ashamed. Embarrassed. Vulnerable.

Thank You Father. In my powerlessness just now I thought to come to You. I cannot control these feelings of worthlessness. Ah, but YOU can! Thank You Father. Praise You.

The antonym for calamity? Godsend! Boon, blessing, bonus, benefit, advantage, help, aid, asset; stroke of luck, windfall, manna, (from heaven).

I don’t know what stroke of luck a broken bottle [of wine, no less] could possibly be yet I am offering You my now nervous stomach trusting Your blessing in it all. Do whatever is necessary in helping me become the confident, God-created-in-Your-image woman You would have me know and believe myself to be.

I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(213 words ~ 12:34 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment