Monday, September 25, 2017

such amazing beauty

Friday, September 22, 2017 (7:55 a.m.)
Holy God,

It’s been days since I’ve sat down here with You. I confess to avoiding putting thoughts and feelings into words.

Hmmm… what’s up with that I wonder?

My Bible was out every day. Not just out, but read. Earnestly. One word subjects searched. Water. Stars. With so very much emotion.

Blessed Father, we were in such a beautiful, unfamiliar setting to us. Twin Lakes of the Mammoth Lakes Basin. Beauty, contentment, peacefulness. Did I mention such beauty? Amazing!
(9:19 a.m.)

To be honest, Holy God, I went up to the Eastern Sierras searching for signs of fall. You know… the whole change of colors aspect. While I did see some hints of orange, they weren't the vibrant reds and even purples I was hoping for deep within.

Oh, but… the stars and the fish and the snow all but made up for it! Lord, You just blessed us repeatedly with the amazing beauty of Your creation. There is no way for me to thank You enough for the opportunities You have allowed us.

There are so many traumatic things going on in the world around us that I feel foolish being completely lost in such amazing beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment