Thursday, September 28, 2017

sing to the Lord

Thursday, September 28, 2017 (5:35 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. I got to wake up singing to You this morning. Yes, thank You Father.

♪There is pow’r, pow’r, wonder working pow’r In the blood of the Lamb. There is pow’r… In the precious blood of the Lamb♪

Mm, yes Jesus. Thank You. Thank You that You are our Lamb. And thank You for the way one song leads to another when I thank and praise You.

I start by reading the words to this hymn, found under the subject title THE REDEEMER: HIS BLOOD. Just pages over, under THE REDEEMER: HIS GRACE, LOVE AND MERCY I find a song that is brand new to me.

♪Jesus, my Jesus, Your love means so much to me. Jesus, my Jesus, Your love is all that I need♪ Mm, how true are these words!

Then starts a song I learned decades ago ♪Cantad al SeƱor, un cantico nuevo, Oh, Sing to the Lord, oh sing God a new song♪ And the search in Your Word continues…

First, Revelation 12:11, “And they [the salvation and power and kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ] have defeated him [the accuser] because of the blood of the Lamb”.

Next comes Ephesians 5:2. “Live a life filled with love for others, following the example of Christ, who loved you and gave Himself as a sacrifice to take away your sins”. Oh, Jesus. Yes!

Other translations say: “Walk in love”, “Live in love”, “Live lovingly”, “Be full of love for others”, “Learn a life of love”, “Conduct yourselves in love”. Yes Jesus! Yes that I would.

And how can I? ♪There is pow’r, pow’r wonder working pow’r In the precious blood of the Lamb♪

Holy God, throughout Your Word are calls to sing to You (Psalm 96:2, 98:4-5; Zephaniah 3:14-17). To sing You a new song (Psalm 40:3, 96:1, 98:1). Let my praise to You be authentic. New. Fresh. Based on Your promises.

Blessed Father, my mind truly swims with excitement as I once again hear music in my soul. One thought striking up the chords to another song. Some newer to me than others.

Guide me in our walk together this day. Keep me from the pitfalls of despair to which I am so often prone. I love You. I want to serve You as You wish to be served. Readily. Willingly. Obediently. Make it so Most Blessed God. Make it so.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(427 words ~ 7:29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment