Sunday, September 17, 2017

a slow approach

Sunday, September 17, 2017 (8:29 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You!

It’s taken me awhile to get here. Oh, but God, how I thank You for such a slow approach. Mm, yes. A slow approach to appreciating You. And Your Word. And all You have to offer.

Oh, yes!

I took the time to reread the verses (Luke 6:37-38 The Message) I quoted here yesterday. Jesus spoke to His followers about the importance of our relationships with others being “free of judging, filled with forgiveness” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).

Mm. Truly Father, I long to live my days “free of judging, filled with forgiveness.” Oh yes Lord. Empower me this day to obey Your teachings, not just nod my head in agreement.

The more I read of this section, the more deeply I breathe. Slowly. Contemplative. Oh yes Jesus, teach me to take a slow approach to encouraging others. Forgiving. Giving. Loving. I want desperately to be all You have for me to be.

Illustrated Bible Handbook; Judging Others, “We only owe others one debt, the Bible teaches: ‘the continuing debt to love one another’ (Romans 13:8). We do not owe it to others to stand in judgment over them - only to stand with them as members of a loving, supportive community in which each can grow to know God better.”

I read these thoughts. Breathe deeper. And imagine what it would be like to live nonjudgmentally of others. Oh Dear God, make it so!

“How wonderful it is to be able to look at a brother or sister uncritically, freed by God to love him or her unstintingly, and so to communicate the amazing grace of our Lord.”

Mm, yes. Please.

Thank You for this slow approach to this morning. Guide me in it throughout the day. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(308 words ~ 9:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment