Monday, September 11, 2017

Blessed Father

Friday, September 8, 2017 (6:14 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You. You are so very good. The news in the world is not. I confess to the struggle of keeping our faith and hope in You.

It’s so easy to lose sight of all the good You do. All the good You are. Thank You that You do not change.

My mind is all over the place this morning. Scattered. Going quickly from one thought to another.

Still I look to You. Your Word. Your promises.

Blessed, Holy, Father God, the one solid Truth we have on which to stand and hope is Your great love for each and every single one of us (John 3:16). I admit to wanting different than what I have. To who I am.

I struggle with self doubt. Not being enough. Not doing enough. Then I look to You. And the peace that washes over me as I sit in Your presence.

None of all the devastation going on in the world gets passed You unnoticed. Not the meanness. Nor the good.

Your Word tells us repeatedly of Your love. Your Truth. The hope we have in You.

I read in Psalms and everyday songs start singing to me. Music I don’t even know. A country western artist (Wade Hayes) singing ♪You Were, You Are, You’ll Always Be♪. Words I attribute to You Blessed Father.

I have places to go right now. Appointments to keep. Things to take of. Go with us. Before us; behind, beside, above, beneath. Completely surround us with Your presence Blessed Father.

It truly is a big and scary world out there. Left to ourselves we will be devoured (1 Peter 5:8). But with You? All things are possible (Matthew 19:26).

Thank You Blessed Father. We love You. Keep us in You we pray. Amen.

(307 words ~ 7:18 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment