Monday, September 25, 2017

Lady Wisdom

Saturday, September 23, 2017 (11:27 a.m.)
Holy God,

I confess to having some difficulty re-entering life at home. We experienced so much beauty on our short trip away that many of my thoughts are still there.

I look around and there is so very much wanting our attention. So what do I do? Sit on the couch. And watch more television.

Forgive me Father. You come first. You really do. But can anyone tell? I think not.

Thank You for the privilege of bringing confusion to You. Mm, yes. Thank You Father.

Searching the word confusion, I read of Lady Wisdom’s dinner party in The Message. Proverbs 9:1-7, “Lady Wisdom has built and furnished her home… The banquet meal is ready to be served… Having dismissed her serving maids, Lady Wisdom goes to town, stands in a prominent place, and invites everyone within sound of her voice: ‘Are you confused about life, don’t know what’s going on? Come with me, oh come, have dinner with me!… Leave your impoverished confusion and live! Walk up the street to a life of meaning.”

Mm, yes. Father. I long to walk up the street to a life with meaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment