Monday, September 11, 2017

absolutely necessary

Monday, September 11, 2017 (6:42 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You. Mm. Yes. Thank You Father. It’s not always what I feel like saying. Oh, but it’s necessary. So absolutely necessary.

Your Word tells us to “Thank God no matter what happens” (1 Thessalonians 5:18a). That’s The Message’s version of “In every thing give thanks”.

I confess to You Blessed God, this is rarely my first response. I tend to moan. And groan. I curse much more readily than I appreciate.

Here I ask You to do Your mighty work in me. I am inclined to good intentions. And very little follow through. In almost any given situation, “I’d rather not” is my go to phrase. You can change that. I know You can.

I’ve watched You. In different times and varying circumstances I’ve experienced the peace that passes understanding (Philippians 4:7) that Your Word promises. And whence does it come? Paul’s words just verses above.

“Always be full of joy in the Lord, I say it again - rejoice!” (v. 4). Followed closely by “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done” (6).

I do Father. Truly I do. I am aware of Your blessing and keeping of us (Numbers 6:24). You smile and are gracious to us (v. 25). You show us Your favor and give us Your peace (26). Thank You for reminding me of the importance of giving thanks.

This morning I woke up determined to sing out ♪Jesus I trust in You♪ at every turn that didn’t appear to go my way. Right now I can’t even find more words to this song. Maybe these are all I need?

Yes. Jesus I DO trust in You! Even as I was beginning to search lyrics for this ♪Give Thanks with a grateful heart♪ started singing within as well. Trust You and give thanks. Yes. Let that be my mantra for the day!

It is the anniversary of a national catastrophe, coupled with weather related devastation throughout the world. Trust You. And give thanks.

♪Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say, “Rejoice!”♪ The Truth of Your Word is represented in so many songs this morning. Let it be that I would truly come to live the Way You would have me live.

In You. With You. By You. Through You. For You. Trusting You. And giving You thanks. Yes. It is so absolutely necessary. I love You Father. Thank You for Your blessings. Thank You for Your promises.

Right my thinking. Empower and embolden me in knowing and doing Your will. Change this heart of stone (Ezekiel 36:26) that seems to appear in me at any given turn.

I love You. I long to serve You. And I ask You Blessed God, “make it so”. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(484 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment