Monday, September 11, 2017

clear view

Sunday, September 3, 2017 (7:07 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You! Truly. Fully. Thank You!

I came out here feeling discouraged. There’s another setback. The list of “it’s always something” continues getting longer. And I don’t always remember to bring it to You… first!

Yes Father. Forgive my tendency to plow through. Straight on ’til morning. With little attention paid to You beforehand.
(10:04 a.m.)
And I’m back.

Still trying to figure out how to clear the water of our pool. Clarity. I’m seeking clarity. Is this some kind of metaphor?

Mm, most Holy God. I love You so much. I keep turning to Your Word. Looking up verses regarding “clear water”, “clearness”, “clarity” and now “clear view”. Mm, yes Father.

How I truly seek a clear view. Not just of the cloudy water in our swimming pool.

The Life Recovery Bible comment for Exodus 24:9-11 begins by affirming, “One of the best ways for us to see ourself as we actually are is to gain a clear view of God and His glory.” How very true is this?

Does my own murky thinking obscure the awesomeness of Your glory. Am I not able to see the forest for the trees? Can’t see the bottom for the water?

Guide me blessed God. Show me what You want me to see. Teach me what You want me to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment