Monday, September 11, 2017

waiting to see

Saturday, September 9, 2017 (6:58 a.m.)
Holy God,

I love You! I think it doesn’t look like it outwardly. Oh, but I do.

And I trust You. Again, not so evident to the naked eye. Oh yes, but trust is there. 

Thank You. Thank You for an innate willingness to wait and see what’s going to happen next. Yes Father. I seem to be great at waiting.

Or is it procrastinating? I have serious trouble distinguishing one from the other.

Here is where I look to You. Expecting You to do in, with, by, through and for me all the things I absolutely cannot on my own.

Left to myself Father, I can’t care. Traumatic weather conditions throughout the world are terrifying. Yet I whine and carry on because of stormy skies that might interrupt my plans.

Forgive me Father. Forgive my short-sightedness. You are good. You are holy. You know exactly what You are doing. Forgive my self serving nature.

I confess to You Blessed God, I want what I think I want. And I want it yesterday. Do all You must in empowering me to want what You know is best for us.

Yes, Blessed Holy Father God. You know what is best. Nothing changes that. Align me with Your will. Make me able to trust You in all You know is best.

This morning I am reading in Ruth. Her faithfulness to her mother-in-law is beyond anything I have ever experienced. “Don’t ask me to leave you and turn back. I will go wherever you go and live wherever you live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God” (Ruth 1:16).

Holy God, that is incredible trust. And faith. The kind of trust and faith I want to live each and every day.

I said it at the beginning, I love You. Reading the overview of this book in The Life Recovery Bible, my heart truly leaps with hope.

“Together Ruth and Naomi trusted God to help them, and God came through in His own time.” These women had desperate needs and You met them. They trusted You and they found security, love and joy.

“We have all experienced some kind of loss. There are times when we might feel as if the future is hopeless, even after we have given it over to God. As we grieve, we may feel abandoned and bitter toward God and the people around us. But we can rest in the fact that God is still with us - even when our emotions scream the opposite message - and that He is working on our behalf behind the scenes.”

Naomi’s faith in You is exhibited by her words to Ruth (3:18). “Now you must wait, daughter. We must wait and see what happens. Be at peace. That man [Boaz] will not rest today until this is resolved.”

Even as I sit here praying, I am reminded of the father of the demon-possessed boy (Mark 9:14-29). Holy God, this father “acknowledged both belief and doubt.” I resemble this statement Dearest Dad.

I am one who absolutely knows You to be good. Holy. Able. And at the very same time I wonder what Your best will look like for us. Here I echo this father’s words, “I believe. Help my unbelief!” (Mark 9:24 English Standard Version).

Mm, yes Blessed God. I believe. Help my unbelief! I love You. I thank You. And I ask You to do all You must in enabling me to follow Your every lead. I love You. Do all You must I pray. Thank You. Amen.
(610 words ~ 8:29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment