Monday, September 25, 2017

Proverbs 9

Monday, September 25, 2017 (6:22 a.m.)
Most Blessed, Holy God,

Forgive me. I keep holding back from you. And I don’t know why. Forgive me. Yes, Father, forgive me.

You bless us. Profoundly. This I know to be true. Yet there is still a resistance on my part. An unwillingness to completely trust. And again I ask You, forgive me please.

Holy God, I love You. I do. Talk with me this morning, won’t You? Mm, yes. Guide me in Your Word that I would know You better.
(7:41 a.m.)

And here I am again in Proverbs 9. Mm. Wisdom versus folly. Mm, yes Father. How I ask You guide me. Teach me. Empower me to ‘leave my foolish ways behind, and begin to live; learn how to become wise’ (v. 6 New Living Translation).

Oh yes Blessed God. “Fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. Knowledge of the Holy One results in understanding” (v. 10). There is no part of me that claims to grasp the meaning of this. Yet my heart is beating wildly and I am sitting up much straighter.

Again, I say, “Forgive me Father”. Forgive my FEAR! It’s what has kept me from hoping. Taking action. Doing.

Two prominent doubters of the Bible come to mind. The father described in Mark 9:17-24 and Thomas (John 20:24-29). They were honest with Jesus. They both verbalized their doubt.

Do I doubt Father? Is unwillingness to hope, trust, believe, take action the same as doubt? I don’t know. Oh, but I do know that if I am going to fear anything I want it to be YOU!

“Fear of the LORD is the foundation of wisdom. Knowledge of the Holy One results in good judgment” (Proverbs 9:10 New Living Translation). Dearest Father, I look to You. Asking that You would prompt me to take action. Free me from my fear of failure.

I read earlier that “fear is easy, hope is excruciating.”

This from a mom dealing with the terminal illness of her only child. She went on to describe her fear as a defense mechanism. Comfortable. Expected. “The rational response”. Acknowledging that “hope is hard”. Vulnerable. “Irrational in a situation like this”.

I confess to using fear as my excuse not to try. Not to do. It’s easier to sit. Forgive me. Change me. Empower me to ‘leave behind my foolishness and begin to live; learn how to be wise’ (v. 6 The Living Bible).

I love You Father. Teach me to be wise. Free me from the fearfulness that keeps me frozen. Yes Father, free me to LIVE as You would have me live. I love You. Thank You. Amen!
(464 words ~ 8:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment