Wednesday, September 13, 2017

fully expecting

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 (6:45 a.m.)
Thank You Most Holy God,

Yes. Thank You!

Yesterday, as the day was unfolding and falling nicely into place, dark clouds once again came rolling in. The biggest difference from other afternoons with the same weather pattern? I turned immediately to You.

Yes Father. Rather than curse my bad luck, I remembered to turn to You. Thank You for the Truth of John 16:33.

Holy God, I realize rain clouds do not constitute great suffering. They represented something I couldn’t control.

Thank You that although I had made my own plans fully expecting them to all go my way You reminded me that You are completely in charge of it all. And I accepted it right there in the moment.

I remembered that according to Jesus’ words to His disciples (John 16:33) I could trust You to settle my heart. “…trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I’ve conquered the world” (The Message).

Mm, yes Father. I anticipated with an alternative. Keep working in me Lord. Retrain me that I would truly believe and trust Your guidance and direction.

I love You so incredibly much. Be in, with, by, through and for me I pray. That I would truly live this day as You wish. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(239 words ~ 7:29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment