Wednesday, September 27, 2017

full of joy

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 (6:41 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

I love You. I am still resisting change. Sitting. Refusing. And now smiling. Just a bit.

I think I know what’s going on. Fear. Again. I’m attempting to protect myself from pain. I don’t want to get my hopes up. Thinking somehow that will keep me from being disappointed.

Work in and with me this day that I would come to accept and welcome all You have for us. Yield to, submit to. Yes Father, do all You must that I would completely surrender to You. And trust Your will. Your Way.

I can’t protect myself from the pain of watching others suffer. I know You to be good. Kind. All knowing. I confess to withdrawing in attempts to hide from sadness.

This is NOT the way to rejoicing in You always (Philippians 4:4). Mm, yes Father. Your Word is filled with Truth and direction for each of us. At the end of the day, everyday, I truly long to be joyful. 

Mm, yes Father. Joyful. Full of joy. Wiling to take the risk… of hope. In You. Yes Father, I’m asking You to enable and empower me to trust, to hope, to be full of joy. Always.

Yes. Please. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(218 words ~ 8:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment