Thursday, December 15, 2016

"YEA" saying

Thursday, December 15, 2016 (4:23 a.m.)
Blessed God,
(5:25 a.m.)
I am not yet awake. And still working on being grateful.

Father, thank You for the blessings You provide. Warmth. Shelter. Challenges. Hope. Love. Joy. Thank You for this Advent season. Thank You for the things of which to be aware.

Dearest Dad, I confess to cutting myself off. Setting myself apart. Not wanting to get too close to any one or any thing. Trying to figure things out, so I can keep myself safe.

This is not Your best for me. How well I know that. My feelings have been so close to the surface. Very easily hurt. I can be acutely aware of how You would have me respond to circumstances yet I dig in deeper instead of just letting go.

Help me please. I long to enjoy time spent with You and with others. Silence the naysaying that continues taking place deep in my soul. Holy Father God, I long to be a “YEA” sayer!
(6:36 a.m.)
Yes, God, please empower me in saying, “Yes” to You.

Yesterday I repeatedly and doggedly grunted, “No!” every single time You reminded me to simply forgive and let go of the slights I perceived as grudge worthy. Forgive me for not simply forgiving another.

Father, You are so good. So kind. Your love is perfect. Do all You must in preparing me to reflect You well. I haven't been.

A hymn of COMMITMENT AND OBEDIENCE entitled Yes, Lord, Yes speaks to this and references Samuel's willingness to obey You (1 Samuel 3:9). Again, not who I was yesterday!

♫I'll say yes, Lord, yes to Your will and to Your way. I'll say yes, Lord, yes, I will trust You and obey. When Your Spirit speaks to me, With my whole heart I'll agree, And my answer will be yes, Lord, yes

Make it so, Blessed God! It sings so beautifully. My desire and intent are actually in accordance to Your teaching. It's in the execution that I fail most.

I lean more towards the Immaturity and Call to Spiritual Growth referenced in Hebrews 5:11-14. “There is so much more we would like to say about this [Christ is Our High Priest]. But you don't seem to listen, so it's hard to make you understand” (v.11).

I WANT to not just listen Most Holy One. I want to obey! Truly. Make it so. Rid me of the attitudes that make me say, “nay” instead of “YEA!”.

I genuinely long to point all our blessings back to You with the greatest most resounding “YEA!” of all time.

I love You Father. Help me be obedient to Your call this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(455 words ~ 7:57 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment