Monday, December 19, 2016

here and now

Monday, December 19, 2016 (7:33 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Sleep happened for us. Not easily. Nor soundly. Oh, but finally! And extendedly. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the practice of staying in the here and now. Every time my thoughts started going ahead or behind my breathing and surroundings I was reminded that ruminating on should haves or what ifs was not keeping me present.

Thank You Father. Thank You that somewhere in the dark night the word jubilance came to mind. When I needed a counter to where my thoughts wanted to take me various forms of the word swam around within.

Jubilation. Jubilate. Jubilant. Even jubilee, which turns out not to be related. One a noun, another a verb
the next an adjective. All relating to the Latin verb, jubilare, which is used by Christian writers to mean 'shout for joy.'

That's the other thing I was doing during that long night. While not actually shouting out loud, the singing within was filled with rejoicing and praise to You.

Thank You for all the reminders You gave me Father. Thank You for the rest. Use us this day. As You wish.

We are inching our way closer to the celebration of Your Son's holy birth. Let us do what honors You and Him the most. Make sure all our shouts are those of joy!

We love You. We long to serve You. We thank and praise You. Right here. Right now. Thank You Father. Use us. Amen.
(257 words ~ 8:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment