Monday, December 12, 2016

in the moment

Monday, December 12, 2016 (5:34 a.m.)
Holy God,

Can You keep me in the moment today? My thoughts tend to swirl ahead, behind, all around.

Even as I considered the very first word I paused, knowing that of course, You can do absolutely everything! Father, thank You.

Thank You that I get to know You. And trust You!

How blessed we are to have ready access to Your Word. Thank You for the privilege of breathing in deeply as I think about just what I am reading here.

(7:07 a.m.)

Searching “in the moment”, Living Bible led me to Luke 12:36. Reading verses above and below I am reminded in Illustrated Bible Handbook of the importance of Watchfulness; 12:33-48, as well as Do Not Worry; 12:22-32.

Oh, how I thank You Father. Thank You! I keep inching my way up the pages. The Rich Fool; 12:13-21. On Guard; 12:1-12. And now a THEOLOGY IN BRIEF, Money and the Christian.

They all serve in reminding us that our confidence is to be in You and how very much You care for each of us. We are to live generously. Free from fear of others and materialism.

Even here I turn another page and read Dangers to Be Faced; 12:49-59. “Jesus does not promise an easy life... [He] speaks of the storm about to break over them and the necessity for each person to make his own decision about what is right.”

Comments for this chapter in The Life Recovery Bible point to Your deep and personal care for our thoughts and feelings. “True freedom and contentment cannot be found in the things we own... [they] are found by depending exclusively on God and obeying Him... Trusting God's supreme providential care enables people in recovery to live one day at a time.”

Mmm, one day at a time... in the moment.

Another TLRB comment, 12:32-34, “The heart represents all that motivates us – our thoughts, ideals, inclinations, priorities, convictions, worries, and fears. If we want genuine recovery in problem areas of our life, we must first release our heartfelt attachments to the dependency or compulsion we are struggling with. The things we value most and spend time and money pursuing – that's where our deep attachments and personal identity can be found. Our checkbooks and date books are barometers of our heart condition and our progress in recovery.”

Hmm... “checkbooks and date books... heart condition... progress...” Verse 34, “Wherever your treasure is, there your heart and thoughts will also be.”

Oh Blessed Father, let my treasure, heart and thoughts be on You! Every moment of this day. Keep me in YOUR moment Blessed God. I love You. I want to serve You. Make it so I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(455 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment