Thursday, December 15, 2016

GIVE!

Thursday, December 15, 2016 (8:16 a.m.)
Loving Lord,

I was prepared to jump up and start running around here. Probably much like a chicken with its head cut off. Instead I will sit here and ask that You would order my day.

The moment I decided to take this time, a song began in my heart. Ask and it will be given to You... with good measure, pressed down...

Oh. Would You just look at that! It's GIVE!!!!!

Luke 6:38, “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

So here I am, ready to ask You to order and direct my day and I receive the command to give. Thank You Father. Oh, praise and thank You!

While I am still asking Your guidance and direction today, I am now asking that You guide and direct me in the actual giving of myself. To tasks. To others. To purposes You choose for me.

The Message says this, beginning with verse 37, “Don't pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults – unless, of course, you want the same treatment. Don't condemn those who are down; that hardness can boomerang. Be easy on people; you'll find life a lot easier.”

Doesn't that near-perfectly represent all I was about yesterday?

And now verse 38. “Give away your life; you'll find life given back, but not merely given back – given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity.”

Oh YES Blessed Dad. Teach me to GIVE! Freely. Openly. Readily. Eagerly.

Illustrated Bible Handbook Judging Others; 6:37-45 tells us, “Relationships with others are to be free of judging, filled with forgiveness. The promise is that, as God's people set a new pattern of life, others will begin to respond in similar ways (38).”

You have so very much to teach me Father. Help me be a better learner!

For this kind of life self-examination, not criticism of others, is important (39-42). Actually, it's never necessary for us to judge others. As time goes by, each life produces its own fruit: good fruit comes from those with good in their heart, bad from those who have evil stored within.”

Oh, look, here's a bonus I didn't expect. Foundation for Life with Others; 6:46-49. “The foundation for life with others is not just knowing what Jesus says but practicing it. How clearly the words of Jesus in this chapter call us to live a life of constant love for one another.”

Blessed Jesus, I absolutely cannot do anything good without You. Guide, direct, empower and embolden me to Your will this day. Work in, with, by, through and for me as only You can. I love You and I long to represent You well. Do all You must. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(486 words ~ 8:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment