Wednesday, December 14, 2016

choosing to trust

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 (5:33 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. I don't feel good. There's discomfort. Unease. Nothing to worry about. Just uncomfortable. Thank You that even in the midst of feeling off I get to look to You. Knowing, trusting, believing that “this too shall pass”.

While this phrase isn't found in Your Word, 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 reminds us to “never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed everyday day.” Thank You Father.

Thank You that while my head feels dizzy and there are waves of chills I don't understand, making the choice to entrust my life to You is comforting.

Verse 17 tells us, “For our present troubles are quite small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever!” I like when You remind me of Your promises and Truth. Thank You.

“So we don't look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever” (v. 18). Yea! Thank You God!

While a comment for this section in The Life Recovery Bible helps us remember, “... the body's physical deterioration and eventual death are inevitable, as are the distressing trials that accompany life on this earth” it also points us to hope.

The very next line declares, “... our spirit is being renewed, preparing us day-by-day for the overwhelming glory and blessing we will experience in the presence of God throughout eternity.” Talk about something to look forward to! Thank You Father.

Yes. At this very moment I still don't feel good. And the glory here is that You are still God. Thank You that I get to choose to trust that You know exactly what You are doing.

Lead me today in all regards. Thank You for letting me know, believe and trust You. Thank You for loving me that I can in turn love You back. I do! Thank You. Be with me I pray. Thank You. Amen.

(355 words ~ 7:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment