Friday, December 23, 2016

Oh, how I thank You!

Friday, December 23, 2016 (5:57 a.m)
Holy God,

Thank You! Mistakes are happening. Along with sniffles and a sore throat. Yeast dough didn't rise and there's more on the to do list than there is time or energy with which to get it all done. And I'm looking to You for direction. Guidance. Your plan. Not mine.

Blessed Father, we love You. That's what we want to be evident around here. You have blessed us this Advent Season. Grown us as a team like never before. Let us not lose sight of that. You are what matters. Not presents. Nor baked goods. You!

Mm, this morning I'm encouraged by Paul's words in his second letter to Timothy.

There's a lot going on in my head right now. There's one extreme and then another. A little bit of all or nothing thinking. YOU know exactly what You would have me do with the time You have provided me this day.

Two sections of Your Word stand out for me at the moment. 2 Timothy 2:22, “Run from anything that stimulates youthful lust. Follow anything that makes you want to do right. Pursue faith and love and peace, and enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.”

“All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right. It is God's way of preparing us in every way, fully equipped for every good thing God wants us to do” (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

I look to You Holy God. Asking You to guide and take charge of my efforts and their results. You are Who I long to glorify, worship and adore. Make it so Dearest Lord. Use me exactly as You wish. I love You. I need You. I want You. I ask You. And I thank You. Oh, how I thank You! Yes. Thank You. Amen.
(339 words ~ 7:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment