Thursday, December 1, 2016

Master Builder

Thursday, December 1, 2016 (7:26 a.m.)
Blessed God,

I've already made mistakes this morning. And it's still early in the day!

There are things I am undecided about yet I continue attempting to forge through. I confess to You Blessed Father, I don't know when to “Be still and wait” (Psalm 37:7) or “run with endurance the race that God has set before us” (Hebrews 12:1b).

There is an excitement in my soul right at this very moment. A genuine rush of adrenaline to be sure.
(10:52 a.m.)

Many phone calls and much conversation. Let me still my mind again...

Father, there is so much prayer needed for relationship restoration. You are our Master Builder (Hebrews 3:4). Do all You must Dearest Lord.

Much earlier there was an extremely unpleasant phone call from a seemingly angry young man. Father, I quickly realized how vitally unprepared I am to give an answer to exactly what I believe (1 Peter 3:15).

(12:42 p.m.)
I absolutely need Your help in this regard.

An obscene phrase, considered by many to be the most vile, was repeatedly hurled at me. An offer to pray on his behalf was met with accusations of racism and other angry outbursts. His counter to the proffered hope we find in Jesus was, “What I need is money!”

Gracious Jesus, Loving Father, Connecting Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:14) all I could think to do was breathe and attempt to stay calm. I absolutely confess to not having a clue of what to do next. Heart racing, voice rising I didn't even send up a prayer on my own behalf.

Having been recently studying with You about this hopeful season of Advent I thank You for allowing me to maintain a sincere desire to share Your Message of hope and forgiveness to someone so seemingly angry.

All these hours later I sit here asking You Father to bless and keep (Numbers 6:24) this stranger-to-me. He is not a stranger to You. You are the Master Builder! Build his life to Your specifications.

Hebrews 13:2 just came immediately to mind. We are to “show hospitality to strangers”. This is a scary time to even consider this command. Welcoming kindness to telemarketers is definitely a place I can begin.

Build me into the everything (Hebrews 3:4) You would have me be Blessed God. I love You so very much. Thank You for this new opportunity of sharing Your hope with a very hurting world. Embolden me to speak for You. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(422 words ~ 1:46 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment