Friday, December 18, 2015

"those whom You love"

Friday, December 18, 2015 (11:18 a.m.)
Soooo...

My feelings are hurt. And I'm pouting on top of it. Building HUGE cases in my mind as to why I am justified in this behavior and the other is not. I'm being a jerk about it. Won't let the matter drop. Silent. Walled off. Yes and no answers to benign questions. And sinking deeper into this pity party for one.

Father God, I know that You want better from me on this. Better FOR me. You have no desire for me to continue adding fuel to the already out-of-control way of thinking I have going on. Truly Father, I confess to You right now to feeling bitter.

I absolutely know that a spring of water does not bubble out first with fresh water and then with bitter (James 3:11). So I am coming to You with my hurt feelings asking that You would change them. Use them for Your good and for Your glory.

Do in and with, by, through and for me all the things I simply cannot do on my own. You know? Things like forgive. 'Be strong in the Your mighty power' (Ephesians 6:10). “Keep on praying feverishly, and be [alert] on the lookout until evil has been stayed” (v. 18b).

I am asking You Blessed God, empower me to 'be faithful, even unto death' (Revelation 2:10c). Ironic don't You think? I haven't stayed faithful to You, even unto hurt feelings.

Yes Father. Line me up with YOUR will. Not my own. 'You correct and discipline those whom You love' (Revelation 3:19a). Enable me to 'be earnest [enthusiastic] and change my heart and life' (19b).

Yes. Yes. Please. Change my heart and my life. I love You. Count me as one of “those whom You love” that I would in turn love others as You would have me. Hurt feelings and all. I love You God. Thank You. Amen.

(321 words ~ 12:00 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment