Friday, December 18, 2015

Good.

Friday, December 18, 2015 (6:21 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

Thank You. You are faithful. You are good. Holy. Perfect. Loving. Kind. Good. There's that word again. Good. Hmm.

Blessed God, thank You that I get to come to You. Readily. Without an agenda. And able to consider the many things You are.

Thank You Father. Thank You for ready access to Your Word. An incredibly simple approach to Your Truth and goodness.

Psalm 100:5 (Common English Bible) doesn't hesitate in telling us, “Because the LORD is good, His loyal love lasts forever; His faithfulness lasts generation after generation.”

Beginning with verse one of this brief psalm of praise, we are reminded to “Shout with joy to the LORD, O earth!” We are to worship You with gladness. Come before You, singing with joy (v. 2).

Verse three tells us to acknowledge that You are God. You made us. We're Yours. Your people. The sheep of Your pasture. We are to enter Your gates with thanksgiving [in our hearts] and go into Your courts with praise. We are directed to give You thanks and bless Your name (v. 4).

Father, thank You for the freedom to do this very thing. Thank You for the reminders of the importance of keeping You first and foremost in our hearts, souls, minds and strength. Thank You Father that You alone are the strength of our hearts and our portion forever (Psalm 73:26).

Blessed Father, You bless us. You keep us (Numbers 6:24). You make Your face shine upon us and are gracious to us (v. 25). You watch over us and give us peace (26). And I get to be reminded of all this because I remembered that You are good. Thank You Father.

Quoting Don Moen's song to You, There is nothing on earth I desire beside You My heart and my strength many times they fail But there is one Truth that always will prevail God is the strength of my heart... And my portion forever

Turning to Bible Gateway I read the various translations of this particular Truth (Psalm 73:26). “My body and mind may waste away, but Elohim remains the foundation of my life and my inheritance forever” (Names of God).

Easy-to-Read says, “Maybe my mind and body will become weak, but God is my source of strength. He is mine forever.”

Expanded Bible, “My body and mind [heart] may become weak, but God is my strength [the Rock of my heart]. He is mine [my portion] forever.”

Lexham English Bible, “My flesh and heart failed, but God is the strength of my heart and my reward forever.”

The Living Bible, “My heart fails; my spirits droop, yet God remains!”

New English Translation, “My flesh and my heart may grow weak, but God always protects my heart and gives me stability.”

New International Reader's Version, “... You are everything I will ever need.”

New Living Translation, “... health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak...”

The Voice, “I admit how broken I am in body and spirit...”

And this from The Message, “You're all I want in heaven! You're all I want on earth! When my skin sags and my bones get brittle, GOD is rock-firm and faithful. Look! Those who left You are falling apart! Deserters, they'll never be heard from again. But I'm in the very presence of GOD – oh, how refreshing it is! I've made Lord GOD my home. GOD, I'm telling the world what You do!”

Thank You Father. Thank You for reminding me that You are good. Use me this day to tell the world of Your goodness. Empower me to live each moment in Your hope, love and joy. I love You Father. Thank You that You are good! Work me to Your good. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(630 words ~ 7:59 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment