Wednesday, December 9, 2015

the Light of the world

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 (7:26 a.m.)
Most blessed Holy God,

Thank You. For several hours I have thought of You. I woke up singing Come, Let Us Worship and Bow Down, Let us kneel before the Lord, our God, our Maker (Psalm 95:6-7) and then I stopped.

Thank You for reminding me that this is exactly what I long to do. Blessed Father, I trust You. I believe Your promises. And I confess to You right now that my mind has far too many conversations going on to the contrary.

It seems that every time I attest to Your goodness, countering thoughts spring into action. I trust. I believe. I risk hoping. Then just as quickly I fear. Dread. Sink.

Back and forth. Over and over. Hope. Fear. Trust. Dread. Thank You that YOU are the answer to it all. Peter walked on the water (Matthew 14:28-33) until he took his eyes off Jesus. I am repeatedly guilty of taking my eyes off Jesus.

I come to You with this plea. Empower me to come unto You. My desire is to truly worship and bow down before You.

The truths I claim to believe, I long to embrace. Embolden me in living this day with the words of this Advent Season. Hope. Love. Joy. Peace. Expectation. Jesus. The Light of the world.

Psalm 16 points me in this direction. “You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of Your presence and the pleasures of living with You forever” (v. 11). I love You. I long to serve You. Let me begin by worshiping and bowing down.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(277 words ~ 8:33 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment