Monday, December 7, 2015

awing

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 (6:44 a.m. MST)
Anchored off Cabo San Lucas, MX
Most Holy God,

Awestruck. Filled with awe. And here comes the sun. Beautiful. Amazing. Glorious. Glorifying. Awe-inspiring. And it's back behind the clouds. What an early morning treat. Such a delight. Thank You Father.

Be alert. Be aware. Your Word tells us repeatedly to be on the lookout. Thank You for the occasional glimpse of the sun this morning. Peeking through the layers of clouds. Just often enough to keep me watching.

Blessed Father, thank You for the privilege of being here. Waiting. Watching. Hoping. Thinking. Wondering. Wanting. Pondering. Considering. Awing. And we come full circle back to awe. A feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder.

Holy God, I sit. Look. Read. Hope. Rest. And wonder some more. I read of miracles. Commitment. Discipline. And shadows of doubt begin.

Blessed Father, thank You that I get to be this honest with You. No part of me has to pretend to be stronger than I am. To know more than I do. Thank You.

Thank You for allowing my thoughts to go all over the place as You continue pulling me back to the Truth of Your Word. As I read. Deduce. Conclude. Consider. And wonder some more. I am grateful for the call to trust in You (Proverbs 3:5) with all my heart and to lean not on my own understanding.

Father, thank You for this time to truly just be with You in awe and wonder. Thank You for continuing to work in me every time my innate tendency toward self condemnation begins again.

Thank You for putting my focus back on Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. Thank You for the privilege of awing You as God. “Since we are receiving a Kingdom that cannot be destroyed, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping Him with holy fear and awe” (Hebrews 12:28).

Yes. Please. Let me do exactly that. I love You. I thank You. I worship and adore You. Guide and direct my awe this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(357 words ~ 9:01 a.m. MST)

No comments:

Post a Comment