Monday, December 7, 2015

come unto Jesus

Monday, December 7, 2015 (7:39 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You! Thank You for changing my heart. My mind. My focus.

It's been almost two hours since I first started avoiding You here. I thought I'd start by looking up Your Word. I got more and more confused, so I played some puzzles instead. I thought about You, but refused to commit.

I wanted answers first. A direction to go. Thank You for again reminding me that I am just to come (Matthew 11:28). I get to be honest and trust You to do all with me that I can't manage on my own.

My emotions are all over the place. I rush easily and often, right straight toward anger. That's not cool. Not how I want to be remembered. Work in me Blessed God. In and with, by, through and for me.

You are Who I need. You remind me to breathe deeply. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the privilege of turning to You. Thank You for the honor of searching Your Word. Seeking Your face. I forget. I refuse. I struggle. You remind me. And I settle down. I am calmed. Thank You.

Thank You for calling me to come unto Jesus. Thank You that as I search the Scriptures, hymns of old sing in my mind. I pour over The Celebration Hymnal and am heartened as I turn from one to another.

None of this interaction is possible on my own. Sitting alone attempting to find the best translation for my own understanding [of Philippians 4:8] leaves me feeling frustrated. Coming to You with splintered dreams and a hurting heart; faith, hope and even joy break through as I sing Breathe on Me, Breath of God

Holy God, how I thank You for the Truth (John 20:22) of which this hymn sings. Thank You for the reminder immediately following. Greater Is He That Is in Me (1 John 4:4). Your Word prompts me to once again trust Your authority. “Children, you belong to God, and you have defeated these enemies. God's Spirit is in you and is more powerful than the one that is in the world.”

YOU are our power Father! Keep breathing on us Blessed Jesus that we would truly, fully “Receive the Holy Spirit.” (John 20:22) I trust You. I need You. I love You. And oh, how I thank You! Thank You for the hope that comes from trusting You. Use it through me this day I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(421 words ~ 11:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment