Wednesday, December 16, 2015

a blank canvas

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 (5:02 a.m.)
Awesome God,

Thank You that You are good. Thank You that You are holy. Thank You that because You are perfect I get to keep making progress.

Perfection is not
(5:25 a.m.)
Is not what? Attainable? My goal? Our benchmark?

Holy Father, I feel confused this morning. A bit daunted. There is much going on. A huge margin for many errors. Thank You that my greatest desire was to begin this day with You.

Thank You God for whatever direction You want to take us this morning. My first thought was a reminder that “Perfect love casts out all fear” (1 John 4:18). Then I came out here and remembered the recovery phrase about seeking “Progress, not perfection.”

There's much to read in Your Word regarding perfection. And mistakes made. This morning Dearest God, I present myself as a blank canvas to You. Create of me exactly what You wish.

There are appointments to be kept. Decisions to be made. Travel. Traffic. And time to spend with loved ones. Be with us Blessed God. Prior to, as well as in all discussions.

I love You. I long to serve You. And I ask that You make a masterpiece of my efforts. Clear my thinking. Untwist and untangle my thought processes that You would truly be glorified and enjoyed this day.

I love You Father. Let that be clearly seen through the work You do in me. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(249 words ~ 6:15 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment