Sunday, December 20, 2015

prod, guide and correct

Sunday, December 20, 2015 (5:32 a.m.)
Awesome God,

Thank You. There was rest last night, after a day of good, hard work. We had rain and stayed dry. We are safe. And I am grateful.

Father, I am here this morning seeking some enthusiasm. Fill me with Your Spirit that I would readily and eagerly share Your glory and Your grace with others.

Blessed God, I love You.
(6:13 a.m.)

Thank You Father for such ready access to Your Word. Thank You for the opportunity of seeking and finding direction from You. Through various translations I read Your Truth and become eager and excited.

For years I have remembered Revelation 3:19b as “Be earnest and repent.” Digging more deeply this morning, I read more in depth. Being open to the idea of learning more about You 'rebuking and disciplining those whom You love' (19a) I see the New Living Translation in a different light.

“I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference.” Is this not similar to my own urgings towards loved ones?

New Life Version, “I speak strong words to those I love and I punish them. Have a strong desire to please the Lord. Be sorry for your sins and turn from them.” Yes, Father, please. I long to be obedient to Your Will and to Your Way.

Worldwide English, “I tell off and punish the people I love. So get busy and stop doing wrong.” That's a little abrupt, but it's got my attention!

The Voice tells us to “be shamelessly committed” to You and to “turn back.”

New Century Version, “... be eager to do right, and change your hearts and lives.”

Names of God, “Take this seriously, and change the way you think and act.”

The Message, “The people I love, I call to account – prod and correct and guide so that they'll live at their best. Up on your feet, then! About face! Run after God!” What an incredible action picture this paints in my mind! Me on my feet running after You. Talk about enthusiasm!

The Living Bible encourages us to turn from our indifference and become enthusiastic about the things of God. Blessed Father, that is exactly what I ask this morning.

Work in, with, by, through and for me that I will indeed live at my best. Up on my feet. Running after You. Prod, correct and guide me in becoming enthusiastic about the things You would have me concerned with.

I love You Father. Thank You for loving me. Use me as You wish. Enthusiastically! Amen.
(435 words ~ 6:59 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment