Thursday, December 17, 2015

precious time

Thursday, December 17, 2015 (6:11 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! You gave me unique opportunities yesterday. There were two early accesses to doctor appointments. Easy ins and easy outs. The ultimate ending of both [cervical surgery] remains in Your hands. Of which I pray Your will and Your way in every single step that is to be taken.

Blessed Father God, we love You.
(8:54 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy God,

Thank You for time to ponder. Read. Remember. And ponder some more. Thank You for precious time to consider genuine blessings with which You have recently graced me.

Precious time spent in conversations especially. Discussions with health practitioners, loved ones and yesterday, a complete stranger.

Blessed Father, when all is said and done, it is the interaction with a young [24 year old] man that clearly stands out as most precious of all.

Standing in a crowded setting, waiting to get into another long line at “the happiest place on earth” You presented me with another gift of grace. This one like no other.

A seemingly awkward young man, unsure of the direction the line was taking, chose left instead of right. Thank You Father. I confess, I didn't thank You at the time.

I questioned You. Rather harshly! Why would You put this coughing, potentially contagious kid right in front of me?

Oh, and now he's talking to us. Asking clumsy questions. Please God, let him decide not to wait.

A harmonica? Now he's going to play the harmonica? Oh, groan.

Hmm, You truly are awesome! Father, thank You for this precious individual who changed my whole attitude. Blessed me more than I can remember.

“Am I bothering you?” “No, you're fine.” “Do you know about Tourette's? I have Tourette's and music helps keep me calm.”

Oh, Dearest God. Thank You for allowing me to be so graced by the precious time I was allowed to spend with this incredibly courageous young man. Thank You for the exchange of all the questions and answers, which ultimately led to his hugging these two women and thanking us for our kindness.

Holy Father God, I can't see through my tears as I recall the purity of the moment. How I ask You to continue the work You are doing in me. Change my heart and my mindset from being afraid of catching something that didn't even exist to more readily sharing Your kindness with others.

Father, thank You for yet another lesson in Your amazing gifts of grace. I love You so very much. Use me this day in freely showing others the rich benefits found in spending precious time alone with You.

Work in and through, by, for and with me this day as we continue preparing our hearts and our home for the blessed coming of Your precious Son.

Father, I love You. I thank You. And I ask that You would keep me in Your presence throughout the day. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(498 words ~ 10:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment