Tuesday, December 15, 2015

alas

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 (5:59 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Yesterday I awoke with the wonderful realization of having slept soundly throughout the night. What a truly incredible experience. One I haven't had in such a very long time, I had honestly forgotten what it felt like.

Thank You for the reminder Father. I had genuinely hoped to have a reoccurence last night. Alas, it was not to be.

Oh but God, aren't You clever! Alas. I wouldn't have found these verses on my own. Wow. I claim them to be even better than sound sleep!

Thank You for leading me to Romans 10:1-4 and 2 Corinthians 3:12-17. Both sections speak to me of a conversation I had yesterday with a much loved one. The guilt he carries from mistakes of his past practically buries him in thoughts of never being able to be good enough to earn Your forgiveness.

In attempting to explain that we can't, but Jesus did, I pray Your message of freedom in Christ got through. You know our hearts, souls, minds and strength. How I ask You to work in and through each and every single one of us this day.

You are good. You are holy. You call us to follow You. Empower me in heeding Your call. I love You. I long to serve You. And how I thank You Lord. Thank You for loving us all so much that You sent Your Son, not to judge and condemn us as guilty, but to save us through Him (John 3:17).

Thank You Father. I love You. Use me. Amen.
(264 words ~ 7:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment