Sunday, December 13, 2015

"Come."

Sunday, December 13, 2015 (4:37 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You for words that remind, encourage and teach us in loving, trusting and following You. Thank You that You truly have so very much for us to learn. Thank You for the desire to know You more.

Thank You Blessed Father that You repeatedly bid us to “Come.” I confess to You I tend to take the twistiest, turniest routes. Not the most efficient and effective. This morning I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to truly teach me to See You more clearly, Love You more dearly, Follow You more nearly, Day by day

Hmm. Thank You that I have Your Word. Thank You that I could choose to make list after list of all the things I am not. Or I can come to Your Word and stand on Your Truth. This morning I readily come to You asking You to continue Your work in me.

I am weak in so very many ways. Thank You for Your response to Paul's continued appeal for release from his problem (2 Corinthians 12:8). Verse nine tells us Your reply, “But the Lord said, 'My grace is all you need. Only when you are weak can everything be done completely by my power.'”

Blessed Jesus, I read. I hope. Become excited. Eager to tell. We continue preparing our hearts and our home in celebration of Your birth. Empower us in our efforts.

Turning to the very end of Revelation (22:20-21) I read, “He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, 'Yes, I am coming soon!' Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!” Oh, yes, please.

The Life Recovery Bible comment tells us, “It is unhealthy to harbor unrealistic dreams about a future that will never come about. But it is very healthy for us to anchor our new life and recovery in the certainty of Christ's return.” Oh yes, Dearest Jesus, let me anchor myself in You!

“By trusting Christ with our future, we can better deal with our past and live a more productive present.” Yes. Please.

“Like the apostle John, we can pray for Christ to return soon, because we know for certain that He will come. This will not only give us hope to persevere through tough times; it will deepen our personal relationship with Him.” Yes. Yes. And yes.

“As we trust in Him and possess the hope of meeting Him face to face, we will grow closer to Him. Then Christ's unconditional acceptance and unlimited power will continually undergird us in recovery.”

Blessed Jesus, You ARE our hope. Our power. Our strength. Untangle my mind that I would follow You so much more nearly. As we await Your return and prepare to celebrate Your birth, I ask You straightforwardly, “Come.”

Thank You Holy One. I love You. Amen.
(474 words ~ 6:14 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment