Thursday, December 31, 2015

God's love

Thursday, December 31, 2015 (5:35 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. I feel dazed. Not fully awake. Wanting more sleep. Yet, I am here. Thank You Father.

Thank You for drawing me ever closer to You. Mm, yes. Ever closer to You. Thank You, Father.

I get to read Your Word. About Your Word. In Your Word. All I have to do is come. Ready. Willing. Able. And here it all is. Truth. Hope. Lessons. Learning.

Here we are, Jesus, still in the season (7th day) of celebrating Your birth and I am reading (John 12:32) of the victory of Your death. Thank You for word pictures that describe “a harvest of life for all who trust and follow Him” (vs. 20-36, Illustrated Bible Handbook).

You came, knowing full well Your fate. A comment in The Life Recovery Bible says, “in order to move through recovery – from addiction to freedom, from brokenness to healing, from guilt to forgiveness, or from isolation to intimacy – we must accept it [Jesus' message of His impending death]. No longer can we embrace lives of escapism and denial. We must honestly embrace the painful realities in our life and patiently allow God's love to make us whole.”

Mm. Allow God's love to make me whole. Yes. Please. Let's ring in the new year allowing Your love to make us whole.

Continue Your work in drawing me ever closer to Yourself. I love You. I long to follow You. And I ask You to make it so, exactly as You know is best. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(265 words ~ 6:25 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment