Friday, December 11, 2015

looking to You

Friday, December 11, 2015 (6:33 a.m.)
Blessed God,

I'm looking to You. I've been playing puzzle games for hours, wanting to find a balance between work and play. Success and failure. I'm not going to find the balance I seek in doing just one more puzzle.

Oh look. Here's a quiet giggle. And a smile. “Just one more. Please?” It's a plea often given to us by a two year old.

Thank You Father, that I know You are True. And good. And kind. Thank You that You are where I am going to find the balance I need to withstand the pressure I put on myself. Guide me in Your Word this morning.

Take me where You would have us go together. I look to You. Your Word. Your promises. They do not return to You void (Isaiah 55:11). Direct me in my reading and understanding this day.
(7:33 a.m.)

My heart just quickened. All my senses seemed to have kicked in. I know to ask You for a strategy! That's what I was seeking in the puzzles I was playing earlier. A way to learn how to effectively and efficiently get things done.

Left on my own, I tend to either spin myself into a dither [state of agitation; indecisive behavior] or sit instead in near inactivity. Father, I look to You. I have such a desire to magnify You. I long to have You glorified through my hopes, ambitions, thoughts and actions.

Mary's response to the angel Gabriel's news of her upcoming birth was ultimate obedience. “I am the Lord's servant, and I am willing to accept whatever He wants. May everything you have said come true” (Luke 1:38).

Her relative Elizabeth was truly moved by Mary's presence. “At the sound of Mary's greeting, Elizabeth's child (John; see Luke 1:13) leaped within her, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit” (v. 41).

Blessed Father, these were women who knew, believed and trusted You to do all You had promised through the years. You know the plan You have for me (Jeremiah 29:11). You know exactly how You would have me proceed this day.

Provide me with just the very next step You would have me take. In exactly the direction You would have me go. I love You. I long to serve, glorify and magnify You. I look to You asking, “Please?”

I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(404 words ~ 8:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment