Monday, December 7, 2015

strength to endure

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 (7:19 a.m. MST)
South to Cabo San Lucas, MX
Most Dear and Awesome God,

Thank You. Thank You for rest. And adventure. And thank You Father for rest from adventure. Mm. Yes. Thank You for the wonderful balance we find in You. Rest. Adventure. Rest. Adventure.

Holiest God, we look to You with gratitude. And with that gratitude comes a request. Blessed Father, I am asking for Your strength to endure whatever You know is coming next.

I tend to look back. Think of all that was. Wonder how and what I could have done differently. This morning I am looking right here.

There's a vast ocean. Beautiful sky. And our day completely untouched. Be our focus Blessed God. Truly, we long to serve You.

I read Your Word. I get excited by the pictures that form in my mind. I am deeply heartened by ancient words that encourage me to “keep up our courage and remain confident in our hope in Christ” (Hebrews 3:6b).

It was the Holy Spirit that told the author of Hebrews, “Today you must listen to His voice. Don't harden your hearts against Him as Israel did when they rebelled, when they tested God's patience in the wilderness” (Hebrews 3:7-8; Psalm 95:7-11).

How I thank You Blessed Father for the opportunity to sit here before You. I read. I hope. I become excited and eager to tell [agog]. Truly I want to shout out to all who will listen [and even more so to those who will not], “Don't give up. Persevere. Hang in there. Believe. Trust. Rest in Him.”

The Life Recovery Bible comments encourage us even more to rest in You. The Israelites not only received Your law at Mount Sinai, they experienced 'spiritual privileges and visual awareness of Your awesome power'. And still they “refused to exercise faith and enter the Promised Land that God graciously offered.”

We still make that same mistake. We see the way set before us and we waver. Doubt. Blessed Father, how I ask You to do all You must to anchor me firmly to Christ. Your wonderful blessings and freedom are offered to each one of us.

It's all there for the taking. Your place of rest. Increase my faith in Him who can do “infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope” (Ephesians 3:20b).

Prepare me blessed Father for the adventure of this brand new month. Beginning with this all new day. Provide me the strength to endure all that comes to pass. The strength that only comes from loving and trusting You.

Thank You Father. Praise You. I love You. Use me exactly as You wish. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(462 words ~ 8:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment