Friday, December 11, 2015

perseverance

Thursday, December 10, 2015 (5:57 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You. I am looking to You for perseverance. Steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success. Yes. Please.

You provided a great deal of stick-to-itiveness around here yesterday. Projects were begun. Some completed. All with an underlying dosage of loving encouragement. Thank You.

With a gnawing sense of “do more”, can't do enough, won't ever finish surrounding my thought train I turn to You asking that You would lead and I would follow. Yes Blessed Father, as we work to prepare our hearts and our home for the celebration of Your Son's birth, it's You I long to see glorified.

I read Your Word and am heartened. I look around me and that hope fades. Thank You that You call me to lean into and trust You as no other.

I feel myself smile every single time I read any piece of Scripture that gives me hope. Romans 15:4 (The Voice) fills my heart with anticipation. “You see, everything written in the days of old was recorded to give us instruction for living. We find encouragement through the Scriptures and a call to perseverance that will produce hopeful living.”

Holy God, truly I look to You. I count on You. I believe in You and Your promises. Isaiah 41:10 (New Living Testament) tells us, “Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.”

Left to my own devices I fret. Stew. Distress. Thank You that You, Your Word and promises are the perfect antidote for all the worst case scenarios my mind conjures up. Continue providing Your glimpses of grace and victory that I would keep going toward You. Your Light. Your Will. Your Way.

I love You Blessed Father. I long to become the woman You would have me be. I'd also like to smile more in the process. Do all You must in making me truly enjoy this life I have in You.

Thank You for Your love. Thank You for the hope and peace and joy that come with this Season. Prepare my heart, soul, mind and strength to receive it all.

I love You. I long to serve You. Make it so Blessed God. Make it so. Amen.

(401 words ~ 7:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment