Thursday, January 5, 2012

shoulders and soldiers

Thursday, January 5, 2012 (1:04 p.m.)

Thank You Jesus,

We’re home. Safe and sound. And for the very first time I can ever remember, completely unpacked with a load of laundry already done! That’s YOU Lord Jesus. Absolutely You! Thank You.

Thank You also for the similar sounds of the words ‘shoulders’ and ‘soldiers’. Thinking of one, I absentmindedly inserted the other and just started playing around with substituting one for the other.

(2:39 p.m.)

Odd as this was, it actually led me to the one and only Bible section I found containing both words. Matthew 22:5-7 in The Message says about Your Story of the Wedding Banquet, “They only shrugged their shoulders and went off, one to weed his garden, another to work in his shop. The rest, with nothing better to do, beat up on the messengers and then killed them. The king was outraged and sent his soldiers to destroy those thugs and level their city.”

Not knowing what You may want me to take away from this reading, I read the entire story (verses 1-14) in numerous different versions, as well as a different Biblical book. Dr. Luke tells A Story about a Great Feast in chapter 14, verses 15-24.

While I still am uncertain what all You might be teaching me today, I am still thanking You. Thank You for the opportunity to say to You, “I don’t understand. Please teach me more.”

As I prepare to leave here to get ready to take care of my shoulder through another hot (105˚) yoga class, followed by some neighborhood camaraderie over line dancing and a glass of wine, I ask You Lord Jesus to lead me to Your Truth. Go before me that I would follow. Speak to me so I can hear. Make Your will known to me through WHATEVER means necessary to let me know what it is You want me paying particular attention to this day.

I love You Blessed Jesus. I want to serve, honor and revere You this day. As always! Thank You for being my Lord and Savior. Amen.

(351 words ~ 2:58 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment