Sunday, January 29, 2012

reconciliation

Sunday, January 29, 2012 (7:08 a.m.)

Loving, Beloved, Father God,

I don’t know how to be kind to myself. I can criticize. Find fault. Judge. Hold a grudge. Resent…. Would You talk to me this morning about being kind and nurturing? Not just with others, but with myself.

You allowed me another birthday Blessed Father. There has to be more here than meets my eye.

You are good Father, truly, wonderfully good. What would You have me do with Your goodness? Share it? Apply it? Reconcile myself to it? Yes. With tears in my eyes Father God, I am asking You to teach me what it is to truly be reconciled to You.

For far too long I have feigned patience and understanding with myself. I offer it out a whole lot more than I am willing to receive it. I know what the fruit of Your Spirit is listed as in Your Word (Galatians 5:22-23). Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. And self-control. Because it is a fruit, I realize it has to be grown. Nourished. Nurtured. Not manufactured. You have to do this in me. It’s not something I can do for myself.

This is what I am asking here this morning Most Blessed Father. I truly don’t know how to consistently follow Your path. I keep jumping off. Running ahead. Thinking I’m doing what You want, and then finding myself lost. Dazed and confused.

Father God, I am asking for a super short leash right now. One that will keep me close To You. On Your path. Hearing Your voice. Following Your lead. Teach me Father. Grow me. Lop off whatever You have to (John 15:2) to continue growing me into the woman You have already designed me to be.

I love You so incredibly much and I long to be all You have for me. Teach me a whole lot about reconciliation this day Dearest Father. I thank You. I love You. Amen.

(330 words ~ 8:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment