Wednesday, January 25, 2012

♫ Beautiful ♫

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 (6:58 a.m.)

Awesome, Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You! There was going to be an air of factual complaining going on here. That was until I opened the front door. I gasped. Smiled. And immediately changed my tune. Literally!

In what seemed like no time at all, I was singing Beautiful, beautiful Jesus is beautiful, And Jesus makes beautiful things of my life. Carefully touching me, Causing my eyes to see, Jesus makes beautiful things of my life You do, Blessed Jesus! And I am grateful.

As I turned in the Psalty edition of Your Word (Mark 8:22-26) to find the words for this song, I also found comfort and knowledge and hope. Hope for healing.

On more than one occasion You made the blind to see. For various causes of blindness, You used different methods of healing.

Jesus, I am here before You this beautiful morning asking for healing. Whether You deem it most important to first heal my emotional, physical, or spiritual state it’s Your healing I am seeking nonetheless.

I love You Jesus. And while I much prefer loving You free of pain, I absolutely believe that You are growing and teaching me something huge during this process. I don’t know if it’s mostly about trust or priorities or powerlessness or what have You.

I confess that I have no idea other than the fact that I am learning that I have to depend on You for the power and strength to form a single thought. Maybe that IS it! Pain absolutely keeps me in the moment.

And for that I am going to continue seeking another gasp of gratitude. For truly when confronted with such beauty as today, I want nothing more than to wholeheartedly be “AGOG with God”!

Thank You for such a Beautiful reminder as this. I love You. And I thank You. Amen.

(314 words ~ 7:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment