Saturday, January 21, 2012

Difficult Joy

Saturday, January 21, 2012 (8:14 a.m.)

Primm, NV

Powerfully Awesome Father God,

I just saw it. In the bookmark bar at the top of a webpage. Two key words to two very different blogs. “Difficult”. “Joy”.

I don’t know how often I may or may not have thought of joy as being difficult, but with it right here in front of me the “Aha!” in my mind was almost audible. Difficult Joy. Hmm.

(9:38a.m.)

Oh, most dear and blessed Father God. I sit here reading in the book of Nehemiah. I alternate between the extreme highs of hopefulness and the devastating lows of dread. I see the potential for joy mixed in amongst the difficulty of all the rebuilding needing to take place. Father, thank You for the song the husband woke up singing again this morning. Forever God is faithful… Forever Forever

Looking up the lyrics, I am reminded that they associate strongly with Psalm 136. “Oh give thanks to the Lord for He is good; His loving-kindness continues forever.” Give thanks to the Lord Our God and King His love endures forever For He is good, He is above all things His love endures forever Sing praise Sing praise

As I read Your Word and am reminded of Your promises, in the far recesses of my mind I once again become aware that I am so very faintly joining in the refrain as I Sing praise…

Father God, thank You. Too often I believe the mistakes I have made through the years far exceed the things I’ve done correctly. Only You can be the judge of that. Until that judgment comes to pass I get to rejoice in the fact that Forever You are faithful and in Your faithfulness there is joy to be found. Through pain, suffering, devastating loss there is joy. Difficult joy. But joy nonetheless. Thank You Father, for difficult joy. Teach me to seek it. Find it. Rejoice in it. And tell others about it. I love You. And I long to serve You well. Thank You. Amen.

(350 words ~ 10:36 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment