Wednesday, January 11, 2012

confession

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 (8:29 a.m.)

Blessed Lord God,

A new page. A clean slate. Bible verses that include both. Guide and direct me here this morning.

Throughout the night I considered Your Word. I remembered that I have not kept on asking that the answer would be given to me. I have not kept seeking through You the solution to the pain in my shoulder that it would be found. I have not kept on knocking that the door [to the proper remedy] would be opened (Matthew 7:7-8; Luke 11:9-10).

Truly Father God, I feel much more like the warning James gave to the early Jewish believers. “If you want to know what God wants you to do, ask Him, and He will gladly tell you, for He is always ready to give a bountiful supply of wisdom to all who ask Him; He will not resent it. BUT [emphasis mine!] when you ask Him, be sure that you really expect Him to tell you, for a doubtful mind will be as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind; and every decision you then make will be uncertain, as you turn first this way and then that. If you don’t ask with faith, don’t expect the Lord to give you any solid answer” (James 1:5-8).

Oh this fits me to a tee. I have such a doubtful mind.

(10:32 a.m.)

So here I am. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. [Pounding. Begging. Pleading… J] Oh look. A smile! Thank You Jesus! Thank You for added time spent with our son. Thank You for his genuine concern for wanting to help his mom. Thank You for this opportunity to learn more about my body.

I confess Dearest Lord Jesus to being very haphazard with my health. Not believing health warnings until the end result hampers me in one way or another. With that said Blessed Jesus, I ask You to guide and direct every single aspect of the maladies affecting my health right now.

'YOU know the plans You have for me! They are plans for good and NOT for evil. Plans to give me a future and a hope' (Jeremiah 29:11). It is precisely Your plans I ask You to manifest in and through me.

“In those days when you pray, I will listen. You will find me when you seek me, if you look for me in earnest” (Jeremiah 29:12-13). I am seeking You, Your will, Your way with all of my heart, all of my soul, all of my mind and all of my strength. I believe You and Your Word. And I love You even more than I seek You (Mark 12:30).

It is in Your most precious name that I pray these things, asking that Your will be done in my health. I love You and I thank You. Amen.

(480 words ~ 10:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment