Tuesday, January 17, 2012

loyalty

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 (6:49 a.m.)

Awesome, Blessed, Comforting Three-in-One,

Father. Son. Holy Spirit. There are a lot of words swirling around me this morning. The one that has been landing the most recently is ‘loyalty’. Devine Trinity, guide me in the direction You would have me go this morning.

Proverbs 3:3, “Never tire of loyalty and kindness. Hold these virtues tightly. Write them deep within your heart.” Yes Most Holy. Teach me this.

Reading the thesaurus concerning this word, I find sixteen other words listed. Allegiance. Faithfulness. Obedience. Devotion. Steadfastness. And my personal favorite for the day, “trueheartedness”. Truehearted; loyal or faithful.

This is a word I want to have describe me. I look to You to teach me what it is to be loyal. Faithful. Truehearted.

Reading other versions of Your sacred Scriptures, I like the word picture the Contemporary English Version paints for me. “Let love and loyalty always show like a necklace, and write them in your mind.”

In attempting to help me learn better posture, our son has reminded me through the years to stand with shoulders back, chest up “as though you’re showing off a necklace you want others to notice.”

YOUR love, Your Word, Your loyalty is absolutely a necklace I want others to see me wearing!

The Easy-To-Read version of Your Word says, “Don’t ever let love and loyalty leave you. Tie them around your neck, and write them on your heart.” The Message put it this way, “Don’t lose your grip on Love and Loyalty. Tie them around your neck; carve their initials on your heart.”

Yes Most Awesome and Blessed Father, Son and Holy Spirit, help me practice loyalty this day. I love You. I need You and I want to serve You well. Thank You. Amen.

(297 words ~ 7:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment